Sandalwood Powder: Ayurvedic Uses, Medicinal Benefits For Skin Health
What is Sandalwood?
Sandalwood or Chandan is a highly valued tree. Sandalwood plays an important role in several fields, especially it is used for its unforgettable odour. Sandalwood oil is extracted from the woods of the tree, and helps in calming and develops a sense of inner peace.
Where All is Sandalwood Used?
- Sandalwood oil has a calming, woody and sweet aroma that is used for making different perfumes and fragrances.
- It helps in treating several health diseases.
- Sandalwood oil exhibits anti – bacterial and anti – fungal properties.
- It helps in treating skin infection, rashes. Itching and inflammation as it also exhibits antiseptic, anti – microbial and anti – inflammatory properties.
Wild Organic’s Sandalwood Products:
Wild organic’s sandalwood powder is a skin food for every skin type. It is made from 100% natural sandalwood and is free from any chemicals. Sandalwood powder can be used in face masks that will help in reducing wrinkles and fine lines. It will also help in clearing acne and blemishes and has a therapeutic aroma. Sandalwood powder is known as your skin’s best friend for reason.
Benefits of Sandalwood:
- It will prevent dry and chapped skin
- Helps in treating scabies and other skin infections
- Helps in healing wounds
- It helps in skin whitening and evens out skin tone
- Prevents acne and pimples
- Combats sun damage and has a cooling effect
Side Effects of Sandalwood:
There are few side effects of using sandalwood like itching to sensitive skin or allergic reactions. If it causes irritation to your skin. Its use should be avoided.
Precautions to Take with Sandalwood:
Sandalwood oil should be avoided during pregnancy as it may affect the fetus. And it should be avoided to be used by the people suffering from kidney diseases as it can harmful to them.